Welcome to Bush Babies
Pricing (1Nov’17 – 31Oct’18)
R315 per adult
R235 per pensioner
R180 per child (4 – 14 years)
Tours are on the hour, every hour. First tour 09h00, last tour 16h00.
- Bookings are not essential unless accompanied by a group of 15+
- The walk is leisurely over a 3km distance
- Tours are roughly 1 hour long
- What to bring on tour: a backpack or zipped bag in which to place your loose items
- Comfortable shoes, camera, sun block and/or hat
- Please visit our website for additional information, such as directions
All tours are structured and guided. Walk through natural indigenous forests on elevated wooden walkways and experience a variety of exotic monkeys in an exquisite natural environment. The experience is described as a non-interactive game-viewing opportunity to see once-captive primates in a wild environment. Tours are highly informative and the walk is leisurely, winding its way through a tranquil forest.
South African Schools:
Primary School Children: R110 p/child
High School Children: R140 p/child
Teachers: R145 p/teacher
Accompanying adults: R145 p/person
Bookings are required for all school groups
- Tour length: 1 hour
- Tour Times: 09h00 to 10h00; 10h00 to 11h00; 11h00 to 12h00; 12h00 to 13h00
- Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your tour starts
- All adults to complete indemnity forms. Adults responsible for the children must bring a list of all the children’s names, preferably typed, to be attached to the forms. To facilitate this, a downloadable form is available on our website.
- A packet of crisps, a muffin and still water are available at an additional rate of R10.00 per pupil; alternatively light snacks are available at our coffee shop
All tours are structured and guided. Children and teachers will walk through natural indigenous forests on elevated wooden walkways and encounter a variety of exotic monkeys in an exquisite natural environment. The experience is described as a non-interactive game-viewing opportunity to see once-captive primates in a wild environment. Tours are highly informative and the walk is leisurely, winding its way through a tranquil forest setting. The aim of the tour is to provide learners with the understanding of the exotic pet trade and what the sanctuary is doing to stop it.
A Day in the Life of a Sanctuary Keeper
The Elephant & Monkey Sanctuary team is proud to offer a new and highly innovative “Full Day Guided Elephant and Monkey program” where you, our guest, are immersed into A Day in the Life of a Sanctuary Keeper. The full day program is presented at the Hartbeespoort Elephant & Monkey Sanctuary and offers guests the opportunity to get up-close and personal with our African Elephants and Exotic Monkeys in a learning environment.
Full Day Program
R1,800 p/adult R1,200 p/child
Itinerary (program only available on Wednesdays)
07:30 - Arrival, Indemnities, Tea and Coffee with Rusk/muffins 08:00 - Brush Down & Elephant Interaction program 10:00 - Tea / Coffee 10:30 - Cleaning of Stables, cutting of branches and vegetables, preparing bedding in stables 12:30 - Finger Lunch 13:30 - Monkey tour 14:30 - Food preparation 15:00 - Feeding, enrichment, husbandry, quarantine cleaning 16:00 - Tea / Coffee, DVD and Q&A session 16:30 - Departure
Full Day program with Accommodation
*Overnight guest will enjoy Breakfast at 07:00 and then join the program from 08:00 *Dinner is excluded, however there is quite a few restaurants in the surrounding area for your convenience
R2,700 p/adult sharing R1,855 p/child (ages 8-14yrs)
Half Day Program
*Guest get to chose to either do only the elephants or monkey program. *Monkey tours will commence at 08:30
R800 p/child (ages 8-14yrs)
Enquire for available time slots. All departures are subject to availability. Minimum of 4 and maximum of 10 participants are permitted on the program. Minimum age of 8 years old permitted with parents present.
Prices exclude transport to and from the Sanctuary, curios and items of a personal nature.
Baraka Events & Function Centre
Please contact Reservations Manager:
Tel: (012) 258 9904/5/6/7/8
Cell: 071 172 6965